Friday, February 11, 2011

A recent letter to ConAgra foods concerning Chef Boyardee products

I know this is a little off topic, but I saw this letter that was sent to ConAgra foods, makers of Chef Boyardee products. I thought it would demonstrate the repercussions a company faces when they take for granted brand loyalty while ignoring quality and their customers while focusing solely on cost reduction.

"Congratulations I've never seen a company try so hard to drive customers away from their products the way ConAgra has driven my family and I away from the Chef Boyardee brand. I grew up eating Chef Boyardee meals and I loved them, but you have managed to destroy what was left of the original product line and I believe they are gone forever. If Hector Boiardi were alive today he would probably change his name out of embarrassment. I hate to say it, but goodbye or not so good buy. I would wish you luck but I would be lying."

Always Remember This! Market share is never taken away, It is always given away.

No comments: