Friday, February 11, 2011

The best business in the world



I'm not talking about the oldest profession, actually that would be agriculture, but we'll save that for another article. Basically there are really only two ways to create wealth; they are as a business owner or as an investor. Some would argue that you could marry into wealth or inherit it, but that's not creating wealth, that is earning money which I described in my earlier post, "The difference between being rich or wealthy". Of course both investing and business can be broken down into many different categories that go way beyond the scope of this article, so I will concentrate on what I deem the best business in the world.

Imagine a business where you have no customers, no employees, low start-up costs, no overhead, a business you can operate from home and keep all the profits, well after the government takes their share. What is this magical business?  The stock market of course, I know some of you may have felt the wind go out of your sails just now because if it were the best business in the world it would be super simple.

I won't lie; learning anything different is never easy. Just like riding a unicycle on a tight rope while juggling flaming chainsaws and singing the Star-Spangled Banner in Swahili is very difficult, until you learn how. Really trading the stock market is actually very simple once you have a good system in place, the hard part is getting your emotions and your mind in check because your greatest and fiercest competitor is you. I have a real passion for trading and teaching the stock market, so I will be writing more on the subject. Feel free to post any comments or questions.

No comments: